After I Do, Now What?

The real truth behind marriage is that it is hard and it is an adjustment. Especially if you have not lived together prior to marriage. I had been single for some years before I married my husband in 2020.  I had become very independent and comfortable in my singleness in the last 2-3 years before I even met my husband. I was happy and at peace.  Being married is trying to teach me compromise and adjustment. It's trying to teach me patience. It is trying to teach me how to share my space.  Sometimes I just don't want to be bothered.  Or even touched.  But my husband's love language is touch.  In a king sized bed he is literally right next to me.  And I'm like please move over there Sir.  Can you relate? The truth is that we have struggled with sex cause a sista is tired.  In the years that I was single I spent a lot of time developing my relation ship with God. Getting so close to Him. Worshipping Him. Loving Him.  Husband, interrupt that time you because they want it. I under stand now why the Apostle Paul said in I Corinthians 7 where he suggest we remain single. Know why? You literally have more time for Father.  Anyway, I had spent al lot of time in my singleness denying my desires.  Who wants to keep having sex they having to keep asking forgiveness for? So by the time you get to be 48 you are really over it. 48 is when I married my husband.  And so here we were I'm cool with days months even with no sex, and he's ready to kill me. We also acquired a set of twins into our relationship early in the pandemic. We have since adopted them. But we were newlyweds with newborns as they were 4 months old when we got married and we had had them since they were born. Talk about difficult.  Mom was and is still tired.  


But here we are almost 2 years in trying to make better from what we are hoping is the worst it will be. 

Comments

Popular Posts